What if I need to make revisions to my book or ebook after I have received my formatted files?
Revision Process after Formatting
IMPORTANT: This revision process is for the interior of the book only. Our files are not locked in any way so you may be tempted to make changes yourself. Before doing so please consider that if you revise a file we have provided, we can no longer revise it, provide support to it, or guarantee it. You are responsible for those changes, so be sure to back up the original files.
Below is an outline of how to go about having Ebook Launch make the changes for you:
Ebook Launch considers a revision a small change to your book file(s) to correct a typo, spelling error, remove a word, insert a word, change a period for a comma, etc. A revision is not removing and/or replacing whole paragraphs within the book. This would be considered a reformat.
- Please submit your revisions (e.g. spelling or grammar corrections, etc.) through our request for revisions form here: Revisions to Formatted Files Form
- When filling out the request for revisions form, please provide 3 words before and/or after the word or phrase that is to be corrected so that we can use Microsoft Word's 'Find' function to locate the sentence. The following is an example:
To revise "walk" to "ran" in the following sentence, please indicate:
Incorrect: Jack and Jill walk up a hill.
Correct: Jack and Jill ran up a hill.
Note: change [Ebook Version, or Print Version, or Print and Ebook Version], 'walk' to 'ran' (please do not put in the page number, location number, etc. We need to know 'what' is changing, not why or where. This helps if there is any confusion about what needs to be changed.)
If a spelling mistake needs to be corrected in all instances of the word throughout the book, we will find and replace all. Please leave a comment to that effect (e.g. “replace all instances of <old word> with <new word>”). There is no need to include every instance of it.
Please do not reference page numbers, paragraphs, or locations. Send the corrections required as per the above.
If there are more than 30 revisions, this will require a reformat of your book. If we sent you a Word doc, please edit this file yourself and resubmit this revised file through our quote form here: Request a Quote for Formatting
- Ebook Launch will send you a quote to make these revisions within two business days. Prices will depend on the changes needed. The minimum fee/file is $10USD/file or $15USD/invoice for ebook versions and $20USD/file or $20USD/invoice for print versions (whichever is greater) because of the setup time required to make the revisions.
- If the revisions are formatting-related (eg. a mistake on our part). Please email us directly and we'll be happy to address the issue. The first set of formatting-related revisions are free of charge (not typos, etc.), but if there are multiple email requests for formatting changes, there will be a charge after the first submission.
- The revisions will be made to the latest version of your project (all files). This is to avoid confusion/versioning discrepancies. If you would like changes made to only one file type, please let us know.
- These revisions are done by hand to each file format so be sure to check all files to be sure they are correct.
Q. Is there a time frame for revisions?
A: Within reason. If you come back years later, we can't guarantee that we will have your file to correct.
Q. Is there a maximum amount of times you can submit a revision form?
A: No, please remember that it is a minimum of $10/per file and a minimum of $15/invoice for the ebook version and $20/per file and a minimum of $20/invoice.
Q. How long does it take to make revisions?
A: This depends on the number of revisions but it will not be more than a few days. We do everything we can to get the corrected file back to you as soon as possible.
Q: How long can we get revisions on a file Ebook Launch formatted.
A: We do not make revisions on files over five years old. Please submit your book for formatting here.