What is included in Ebook Launch's ebook formatting service?
All of Ebook Launch's ebook formatting services include the following:
- Ebook file(s) formatted and guaranteed for upload to the retailers/distributors indicated on your order form.
- A linked table of contents.
- A labeled NCX for MOBI and EPUB file types.
- Front matter (e.g. copyright and title page).
- Preserved direct character styling (i.e. bold, italics, underline, strikethrough, superscript, subscript).
- Formatting in a single font (this varies between applications, devices, and user settings).
- Formatting in font sizes 11 to 16 point.
- Curly quotation marks
- Hyperlinks to sited websites, social media, and/or email (if applicable. Note that this does not include linking to locations within the book, excluding the table of contents and endnotes).
- Processing and optimization of images (if applicable).
- Conversion of tables to images (if applicable).
- Conversion of footnotes to linked endnotes (if applicable).
EPUB formatting includes:
- An EPUB file with the cover inserted.
- An EPUB file without the cover inserted.
MOBI (for Amazon KDP) formatting includes:
- A MOBI file formatted for upload to Amazon KDP – a cover is not inserted, as you will upload it separately when you publish your ebook.
Word Doc (for Smashwords) formatting includes:
- A Word doc file formatted for upload to Smashwords – a cover is not inserted, as you will upload this separately when you publish your ebook.
- A PDF file based on the ebook files with the cover inserted.
IMPORTANT: Do not confuse this file with the PDF for print. It does not have headers, page numbers, vertically centered text. This file is not intended for mass distribution.
For more information on the formatting process, follow the links below: