How to find details of Smashwords required modifications
Despite having a properly formatted file, Smashwords may still reject submissions to their Premium Catalog.
Some common modifications that may be required include:
- Ensuring that the title on the title page matches the one entered on the upload page
- Changing the title from ALL CAPS to proper capitalization
- Adding an ISBN (International Standard Book Number)
- Removing any links to other ebook retailers. Instead, consider providing a link to the author's web page, which can include links to all retailers where the ebook is available
- Fixing formatting issues. If corrections to the formatting are necessary, Ebook Launch can help. To determine what modifications are needed, go to your Smashwords Dashboard and click on the 'details' button in the Premium Status column that says 'Needs Modification' (see image).