- Your professionally formatted, upload-ready, PDF file formatted for print is attached. If it isn't, an error has occurred, let us know and we'll re-send it.
- This email contains important and helpful information, please read it carefully before proceeding.
- Download this file as you would any other attachment.
- Review this PDF and respond to this email within ten days with your approval or requested revisions.
- We will assume you approve of your file if we do not hear from you within that time. If you need more time, please let us know.
- To view this PDF you will need either, Apple Preview or Adobe Acrobat Reader. Preview comes with your Apple OS. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- To best visualize what the printed book will look like, view two pages at a time while reviewing the file. This setting can generally be found under the 'View' menu.
- If using Adobe Acrobat select menu item 'View' > 'Page Display' > 'Two Page View' and 'Show Cover Page in Two Page View'.
- If using Apple Preview select menu item 'View' > 'Two Pages'
- Your cover designer will require the total page count of this PDF in order to prepare the cover for print (do not use page numbers to determine this). The total page count of your book cannot be determined until you have approved the formatted PDF-for-print file.
- Read this article for instructions on how to find the total page count: https://help.ebooklaunch.com/article/158-find-the-final-page-count-of-my-formatted-pdf
* Useful Information *
- We recommend you order a proof to review before going to print.
- If you are publishing at IngramSpark, the following link http://selfpub.is/2pvhreK plus EBOOKLAUNCH (case sensitive) will get you a free title setup at IngramSpark ($49 value).
- Our revision process for typos etc is outlined here: https://help.ebooklaunch.com/article/68-what-if-i-need-to-make-revisions-to-my-book-or-ebook
- What our PDF for print formatting service includes: https://help.ebooklaunch.com/article/67-print-book-formatting-service
* Frequently Asked Questions *
- Why is one margin larger than the other?
- The larger margin is closest to the spine and is called the 'gutter'. It is larger to allow for the binding of the book.
- •Why does the first page (Title Page) look like it is offset to the right?
- Please see question #1 above.
- What is the status of my print-ready cover?
- We require the approval of the interior before we can finalize a print-ready cover. The page count determines the size of the spine for your cover.
- •Which 'Bleed' option do I use when publishing?
- Use the option that ends before the edge of the page (No bleed).
- Why isn't the text at the bottom of the page even with the text on the opposing page.
- We format with Widow/Orphan Control on. For more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widows_and_orphans
- Shouldn't the cover be in the PDF?
- You upload your cover separately when you publish.
- There are blank pages in my book PDF. Why?
- The blank pages in the PDF serve a purpose. Try to visualize where each page will be in the book, blank pages are often the backs of pages or the left page (so that the text starts on the right-hand page)
* Resources *
- IngramSpark Help: https://www.ingramspark.com/Portal/Help
- KDP Print: https://kdp.amazon.com/help/topic/AH8RA6CMVRN8Y
- Ebook Launch's Help Center: https://help.ebooklaunch.com/
* Other Ebook Launch Services *