What is included in Ebook Launch's cover design service?
Book Cover Design Services include the following:
- When do I get my cover? Within 14 business days of receiving payment for Custom Ebook package packages, 2 business days for Premade Covers. If you have ordered a print package/upgrade, please allow 7 days from the date that receive all of the information necessary to get started (e.g. page count, trim size etc).
- How many concepts do I get? We like to put most of our energy/effort into one central concept, at first. We'll offer a couple of slight variations of the concept (with fonts, tones etc). For designers that offer multiple concepts, we find that the attention to detail is lacking because they are more focused on creating quantity over quality. That said, if we are completely off the mark with our original design - then we are okay with designing another concept as we offer unlimited revisions until the author is 100% satisfied. We just don't like starting with the assumption that we don't know what our clients would like because, after they give us all of the info that we request, we usually have a pretty good idea of what will work.
- What if I want to make revisions? Custom Ebook and Ebook + Print packages include unlimited revisions until the author approves of the completed work. After the work is approved and the author requests further revisions (e.g. weeks/months later), then a small fee may apply depending on the complexity of the request.
- What kind of file do I get? For Custom Ebook Covers and Premades, a final JPG file 1600 x 2560 pixels will be the file that is provided. The cover file can be used for all major ebook distributors, including Smashwords, Amazon KDP, Barnes & Noble, Apple, Kobo, IngramSpark, etc. If you order a print cover, then you will receive one print-ready PDF based on your book's specifications. (This PDF is for a paperback cover only. If a Hard Cover, Dust Jacket, and/or multiple paperback files are needed, an additional charge will apply) All packages will get a free 3D mockup of their book to help with promotion.
- Can I order other marketing material? Yes! The Photoshop PSD file, Facebook Cover Photos, Audiobook covers, and other marketing material, can be purchased for an additional charge here: https://ebooklaunch.com/cover-design-extras/ If your item is not listed, please email us with your request and we'll try to accommodate it.
- Where do you get the stock images that you use to manipulate your concepts? All stock images used are royalty-free and sourced from Shutterstock.com. The cost of your cover design includes the rights to use these images and is limited to a print-run of 500,000 units, and unlimited downloads for ebooks. For more information on the licensing of images, please visit http://www.shutterstock.com/license-comparison.
- What is the expectation of communication? We do our best to respond as quickly to your questions/emails as possible. We aim to respond within 2 business days or earlier (note: this does not include weekends). If you do not hear back within that time, please contact us here as something funky might be happening with our email: https://ebooklaunch.com/contact/
- I have a series of books that I'd like to order in bulk from you, can I get a discount? We are open to discussing discounts for bulk orders of covers and will treat on a case-by-case basis. Please email us.
- I'd like to order formatting along with my cover design. Is there a package deal? Our formatting services are already extremely affordable and have a 10% discount available so we do not currently offer additional discounting by ordering it together with cover design.
- What do you do with the cover design after it is finished? We will store your source file free of charge in case you lose the file, want to make changes or want a print upgrade at a later date. If you do not want us to store your cover design, please let us know.We also may use your cover design in our portfolio, social media, forums etc. to help promote our services. If you do not want us to post your cover, or want us to wait until a specific date to post your cover, please let us know.
- How does payment work? After you fill out the order form, an invoice will be emailed to you. This invoice is payable by Paypal or Credit Card. Please pay the invoice to get started on your project. Payment indicates a commitment to get started on the project rather than just people inquiring. We offer a 100% refund policy if you're not happy with the process so there is no risk.
- Cancellation 99.9% of the time, everything works as it should, but sometimes the process doesn't work well for the author or us. At that point, either party has the discretion to end the agreement. Our default policy is to offer 100% money back at that point, although authors in the past have acknowledged the work done and only request a portion of the money back.
- Who holds the rights to the cover design? The author retains the rights to the cover design, however; Ebook Launch reserves the right to use the cover design in their portfolio and online to promote their services.